Lonny’s Editorial Director Shares What She Will Be Wearing
Angela Tafoya is our latest fav-to-follow. She’s among the style-makers serving up memorably modest fashions and embraces puffy sleeves, prairie dresses, prints, and ruffles with the best of them.
As Lonny’s editorial director, Angela has an eye for accessible design and offers up plenty of inspiration for the online magazine. So it’s no wonder she is known for her personal style too. A mom to an adorable little girl, Angela’s Instagram is full of photos of a busy life in San Francisco with fashion and home decor inspiration everywhere.
Angela says, “I am so excited to dive head-first into the new year — to me it symbolizes a fresh start and a chance to try things I have been putting off. Some of those things include some style trends I’m eager to give a whirl. One trend I’ve been really into is floral dresses. We saw this style really rise in 2019 but I am looking forward to experimenting with more shapes and lengths in this vein.”
Since 2020 is a new year and a time to refresh, we wanted to pick her fashion know-how and find out what trends she will be wearing this year.
She adds, “Another, is Classic Blue! When Pantone announced it as the color of the year for 2020 I knew I had to add it on my list for my wardrobe, too. I’m on the lookout for vivid blue skirts, tops, and dresses!”
If you are like Angela and want to try adding Classic Blue and Floral Dresses to your closet, we’ve rounded up our favourite sale fashions to make it so easy to try these trends, you won’t be able to resist!
- Be like Angela Tafoya and experiment with floral dresses in 2020. Play with the scale of the print, try a different color than you normally gravitate to, or look for dress details like ruffles, a puff sleeve, and length.
- A scarf is the easiest way to add the Pantone Color of the Year to any outfit. Be traditional and wear it around your neck, use it as a belt, or tie onto a handbag for a little extra pop.
- Put blue on top. You can never go wrong with shades of blue to make you feel confident.
- Be literal. Find a classic outfit in Classic Blue. Channel your inner 60’s movie star with this style-proven Bardot neck dress to stand out in a crowd.
- Carry it. A blue handbag is a great go-to when you need to add a hint of blue and give your outfit a bit of color.
Whatever the case, you won’t go wrong with this year’s
Pantone Color of the Year! Be sure to check out all the blue on Laura Ashley’s website!