It was a beautiful day in the city so we swapped our traditional afternoon cuppa for some pink lemonade and sweets to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a few of our young friends. We curated a cheerful spot for them to gather after school, a rustic table adorned with paper hearts and heavenly refreshments. Come take a peek…
To prepare for our festivities, we headed to Trader Joe’s to gather fresh stems and delightful treats perfect for our humble celebration.
ON THE MENU:
- Vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and granola
- Mixed berry scones (Mix)
- Double chocolate cupcakes
- Raspberry shortbread heart cookies
- Fresh berries
- Pink lemonade
With the shopping complete, we rummaged the remnant bin at Laura Ashley to find some pretty wallpapers to craft our table décor.
And don’t you just love these bright and cheery mugs! They’re new additions to the Laura Ashley Home Collection for Spring ’17.
We planned simple crafts perfect for little ones as well. Just channel your inner child and think paper snowflakes, paper dolls and paper curling! See the step-by-step instructions below.
- Wallpaper, craft or wrapping paper
- Card stock
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Circle templates
- Pen and pencil
- Spray adhesive
PAPER HEART DOILIES:
- Place your circle template on the wallpaper and trace around the perimeter with your marker. (We used plates in various sizes as our templates).
- Cut out the circle.
- Fold the circle in half. Then continue to fold the paper in half 3 additional times.
- Draw (or trace) a heart to fit the width of the paper. Make sure the edge of the heart overlaps the right and left sides of the paper.
- Cut out your template! Take care not to cut the edges so that you have a continuous chain of hearts.
- Trim wallpaper and recycled card board to the desired size
- Use spray adhesive to glue wallpaper to the board and allow to dry.
3D PAPER HEARTS:
- Measure and cut strips of paper to 8” x 1.2”
- Fold paper in half to 4”
- Starting at the end, curl the paper around a pencil tightly until the midpoint. Then, pull the pencil toward you to uncurl the paper.
- Repeat the previous step with the other half of paper to form a heart.
- Pinch the fold and use your fingers to perfect your heart.
Love the idea of a Valentine’s Tea Party? These young ladies certainly did!
What’s your favourite Valentine’s treat? Let us know your below or on Twitter @lauraashleyusa