See our new rug collection and find out how to choose the right rug for your home
We just launched an extensive new indoor and outdoor rug line to help your spaces bloom.
Choosing a rug for your home is not just about selecting something that looks good. It’s also about finding something that reflects your personality and makes you feel comfortable and at home.
With so many different sizes, styles, and colours to choose from, we’ve put together a guide on how to choose a rug based on your personality with simple tips to help you find the right rug for the right space.
The Creative: If you’re someone who loves bold colours, patterns, and textures, then a rug with a unique floral design is the perfect choice for you. Look for something that has a pop of colour. A creative rug will act as a statement piece in your space and reflect your unique personality. We have three indoor/outdoor rugs ideal for the creative type – Thornscliff Daisy, Lilith and Porchester. The bright colours and floral prints bring joy to any space, indoors or out.
For the Nature Lover: If spending time outdoors and bringing nature inside is the top of your priority list, then a rug with a botanical floral patterns is a perfect choice. Rugs with bold blooms or trailing branches will add texture and warmth to your space while reflecting your love of nature.
For the Bohemian: Bohemian style is all about creating comfy cosy spaces with rich colours and prints. Choose a rug with a mix of patterns, colours and textures to get the look right. Bohemian lovers aren’t afraid of patterns and love a rug with florals for an artistic touch. Bohemian-style rugs also look great layered, adding warmth and personality to your space. Our new Newborough indoor rugs are ideal for bohemian personalities and feature a contemporary style with a subtle weathered antique look while the Catarina rugs offer a repeat leaf motif outlined in a half circle.
For the Modernist: If modern design speaks to you, a simple striped design and a bold colour rug will reflect your love of clean lines. Not only does a striped rug offer a classic and timeless choice, but it can also create an illusion of space and make a room appear larger. Our two favourite new striped rugs are the Eaton and Lille, both offered in various sizes.
For the Traditionalist: New Traditionalists know a classic design when they see it. When it comes to a traditional rug, look for a timeless design that can mix with other design elements in the room. Choose something in a muted colour palette to keep things classic and add elegance and sophistication to your space.
For the Minimalist: Neutral colours and simple but sophisticated designs are the hallmarks of a minimalist’s home, making our new Silchester, Rye, and Mari rugs ideal indoor rugs. The soft, calming hues have a subtle tone-on-tone pattern that will add warmth to your space without overwhelming it.
- Consider the size of your space: Most people choose a rug that is too small, which can make a room feel disjointed. Measure the area you want to cover and select a rug that anchors the furniture.
- Consider shapes: You will want to choose a rug that complements the room’s shape. For example, round rugs work well in circular rooms, while rectangular rugs are ideal for larger spaces.
- Consider style: A simple, solid-coloured rug may be best if you have a minimalist or modern aesthetic. For more traditional spaces, consider a rug with intricate patterns or designs.
- Consider colours: If you have bold, bright walls, a neutral rug can balance the look, while a patterned rug can add interest to a neutral space.
- Consider the material of your rug: If you have children or pets, a durable and stain-resistant material like wool or synthetic fibres may be best. Indoor/outdoor rugs are great for high-traffic areas.
Choosing a rug for your home is not just about selecting something that looks good in your space. It’s also about finding something that reflects your personality and makes you feel comfortable and at home.